Monday, March 26, 2018

The work of Alexander Calder was one of the first things to inspire me to be a jewelry designer, so it is high time I named a design after him. And although this design does require soldering, which his work never did, I still hope the simplicity of the form and the scale of the design would have appealed to him. If you are unfamiliar with either his jewelry or his amazing mobiles, I think you would enjoy giving them a look. Do any of you have any formative influences you'd like to share? I love learning about new (to me) artists and/or design mavens. ✌️(Calder Earrings now available on my site as well as my Etsy site, retail and wholesale) #beinspired #inspiremyinstagram • • • • • • #designermaker #makersmovement #craftsposure #handmadecurator #handmadehappy #alexandercalder #designlife #inspiredbythis #jewelrydesign #contemporarydesign #modernmaker #differencemakesus #wearethemakers #earringsoftheday #earrings #jewelryaddict #bijouxaddict #bohochic #whowhatwear #stylediary #lifeofanartist #contemporarycraft #etsywholesale #modernjewelry #pursuepretty #modernbohemian #bohoismyjam #moderndesign


No comments:

Post a Comment