Friday, June 5, 2009

Bringing the Outdoors In



Something I like to do with flower arrangements is to combine 2 or 3 flowers that are close in color, but not exactly the same color.  I think they make a nice kind of semi-clashing complement to each other.  Right now in Vermont the irises are at their peak, and right next to one of our patches of irises is a clump of chives, which makes purply pink flowers as they start to go to seed.

So I decided to take a little break from working in my studio, went out with my scissors, (and my camera like a good blogger) and snipped some blooms. 


And since I was being slow in getting to the final arranging I put my two components into some water so that I didn't have to worry about them wilting as I played around with the photography and found the right vase.

So then I put the flowers in my vase, alternating between the chives and the irises, so the arrangement came out well integrated, and voila!  A purply mauvy semi-clashy eye catching arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment