Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Early Summer Round Up

 The breakneck pace of summer is already snowballing, and I find myself not having enough time to do all the things I want to do, as well as all the sitting and doing nothing in the warm sun that I want to do.  But I have been trying to take some photos along the way, and here is a smattering of moments from the summer so far.  
My parents are back now for the summer, which is great.  The bottom photo of is the flowers I put by their bed to welcome them home a couple of weeks ago.  The peonies keep threatening to bloom, and if we can get a few days of warm sunny weather in a row I bet they will.  We actually had to run the wood stove yesterday.  I don't want to talk about it.  The dinner party photo above was from a fun evening with some new local friends that we are so excited to have.  It really takes a long time to make new friends and find a place in a new community.  And even though I grew up here, so much has changed since I've been gone, that it isn't quite the same place, and I mean that in a good way.  We have now been here just over three years, and we are continuing to feel more settled in, and are continuing to meet great new people, which is pretty amazing in a town of 2500 people. Little Chester is really growing on us, I think TH and I are both pleasantly surprised at how fun and vibrant it is once you scratch the surface.
Two of our bestest friends are coming up from Brooklyn for a long weekend starting on Wednesday, and I am so looking forward to seeing them, and all the fun we are going to have. We are going to try the new restaurant that opened in Bellows Falls, and some friends are putting together a wild game dinner for us on Friday. Even with all the amazing culinary opportunities there are in Brooklyn, you very rarely get to eat something that someone shot personally.  And if the sun comes out Holly and I might sneak out to the Castle spa and get pedicures and sit by their beautiful pool for a while.  What have you all got going for the week and weekend?  How is summer treating everyone so far?  I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been 3 years already! Looks like you guys are all enjoying the summer so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful. Summer is so fun here, and going too fast already! Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete