Monday, June 18, 2012

Hoisin Glazed Grilled Salmon with Sesame Asparagus

TH's parents just arrived for a visit yesterday, and in honor of their arrival, and the fact that it was fathers day we made a nice dinner.  It turned out to be really delicious, and it was so easy I thought I should share the recipe with you all!  

I got a great hunk of Wild Sockeye Salmon fillet from our local fish market.  Chopped up a few scallions and about a tablespoon of ginger and stirred it into about 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce.  I oiled and salted the fish, and then slathered a generous amount of the hoisin mixture on the non-skin side.  Then just snapped it into our fish grilling basked and cooked it over a medium grill for about 6 minutes per side, basting occasionally with the sauce.

And on the side I made a gently stir-fried asparagus dish with ginger, garlic, sesame and a poor-man's home-made ponzu (soy sauce and lemon juice).   I chopped up the asparagus, blanched it for 1 minute in boiling water, then drained it.  In a stir fry pan I heated up about a tablespoon of peanut oil with a few drops of sesame oil.  Once it was nice and hot I added 1 chopped garlic clove and about a teaspoon of chopped ginger for about 30 seconds.  Then in went the asparagus until they were crisp tender, and it was finished with about 1/4 cup of the ponzu, which made a delicious sauce with the little bit of sesame to help flavor the jasmine rice I served as a starch.

The whole thing was just yummy, and we all cleaned our plates.  The richness of the salmon was nicely balanced by the crispness of the citrus on the asparagus, and the whole thing was just great to mop up with forkfuls of rice.  I'll definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment