Wednesday, January 2, 2013

This is My Jam

Actually it's Patty's Jam.  Patty's bacon jam.  You heard me.  Bacon Jam.  Bacon, onion, maple syrup and coffee cooked for hours in the slow cooker until it is the consistency of, well, jam.  Unreal.  We have only just begun to explore the many applications.  Here it is below on a grilled ham and swiss with spinach and roasted red peppers.
Sorry this photo is partly blurry.  I couldn't back away from the sandwich long enough to take a decent picture. I'm not positive that this is the recipe she used, but here is a recipe to check out.

Happy New Year everyone!  I wish you all a beautiful 2013 full of love and inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds amazing! It seemed weird at first but when you mentioned it on a sandwich - OMG yum!

    ReplyDelete