Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Want My Hat Back

TH ordered a copy of this great new children's book called I Want My Hat Back, written and illustrated by Jon Klassen, and it almost instantly became a family favorite.  There are lots of books that Emmett loves to have read to him that are not my favorites, like his steam engine sticker book, for example.  Not a lot of story there.  But this book we really all enjoy immensely.  The protagonist is this hilariously low affect bear, whose hat has gone missing, and the story is his quest to get it back.  Some of the humor is a little dark, but the dark parts are all subtext, and go right over Emmett's head, which is perfect.  The best part of the story is how he gets his hat back, but I don't want to give everything away!  Go here to pick up a copy for yourself to find out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! We're always looking for a good story book (like we need more) so I'm definitely going to check this out!

    BTW- just re-filled the grandparents' bin with forgotten toys and my guy was all. over. them. That certainly worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it! I completely missed this when I was away from my blog (for over a month!) and from visiting all my favorites. I just bought this today and had to blog about it, so my post is up today. Then I was catching up here, as I wrote a few minutes ago, and here is this! So funny. This is and instant fave with us. Your photos of it are lovely.

    ReplyDelete