Thursday, March 31, 2011

Around the Studio

Stream necklaces fresh from the tumbler and ready to pack up.
I get a lot of requests for bracelets, and so although I'm not a big bracelet wearer myself I have been trying to expand that part of my line.  Here's a new sample I put together yesterday.  What do you think? It will come in many colors of cord.
Silver bay leaf earrings and silver clasps waiting to be soldered.
My assembly desk, cluttered as usual.
Friendship necklaces on deck to be soldered.


Although March is often a quiet time time for me, things have picked up quite a bit in the studio in the last few weeks.  I am beginning to get that feeling of how fast the Spring and Summer go, and that before I turn around it's going to be May, and then somehow May seems to slip directly into August, and so on and so on.  I am trying to remind myself to get ready for the busyness of Summer and Fall now when I have the chance.  And this year I am going to do some retail craft fairs (starting with Twist in Northampton, MA on May 6th & 7th!) so summer will be especially busy.  I've really been doing wholesale almost exclusively for many years, and I'm looking forward to getting out of the studio a little and talking to people!  I'll keep you all posted about upcoming events!  And, hey, while I'm on the subject, can anyone recommend any good indie craft fairs in the northeast?  I'm new to this whole scene and I'd love some suggestions!  Thx!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh...I LOVE the new bracelet hunnie! So simple and beautiful! Make it, make it! I can't wait to see all the colors! :)
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as usual....is that bracelet waxed linen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Ok, I will make more in more colors, and yes, it is waxed linen, I think. I've had it laying around for ever. But I'll have to find a new source so I can get a bunch of colors. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a trip to NY is in the cards for you then?:)

    ReplyDelete