Thursday, March 10, 2011

Home away from home

the kitchen bird mobile books Noble out the window Becca's collage the kitchen

I'm Jennifer from Odette, filling in for Rebecca while she is away from home. Speaking of home, I had the good fortune of visiting Rebecca, Tom, and Emmett in October and photographed a few corners of their Vermont home.

I love their kitchen first and foremost, the view and the natural light streaming in through the windows is just stunning. I also love all the handmade touches around the house, like the beautiful bird mobile I watched Rebecca make for Emmett's nursery in our ceramics class a while back. Got to love a crafty lady.

Knowing how much Rebecca likes Etsy, I picked a few things from there that are inspired by their beautiful home: vermont

Clockwise from top left: Hand-knit Vermont Wool Mittens, Barnwood Shelves, Red Mini Ball Pitcher, Bird Mobile, Poodles in Paris (from Becca's shop), Vintage Books.

Thanks for having me Becca, hope you're having a great trip. Happy travels!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is really wonderful and refreshing!! Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Rebecca has a beautiful home and you photographed it so well. I think the horse in the field with the hydrangeas (which are so beautifully arranged on the table, too) sums it up! Thank you for the peak, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection....Rebecca's home is so warm and lovely & your photographs capture it all so well hun. The horse right outside the window?! I mean...come on! How awesome is that? Love it....thanks for sharing these!
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete